Sunday, October 2, 2011

Measurement Time

Oh no, I forgot to bring my ruler.  How will I ever figure out how wide the bookshelf is and will it fit in the space I need it to go in?  I have an idea.  Maybe if I use my arm from my wrist to my elbow I can measure the space and the bookshelf.

It is important to learn to use alternate forms of measurement.  Most of us have fingers, whole hands, arms, and feet.  Please take a few moments to measure some items at home and bring the information to class to share.

Here is a suggested list of things to measure.  Use your hand, arm, or feet (if appropriate).  What can you measure that is not on the list?  Please post your findings as a comment and include other objects that you measured (example: refrigerator = 2 arms).

1.  Refrigerator
2.  Window
3.  Your bed
4.  Bathtub
5.  Door
6.  A table
7.  TV
8.  Sofa
9.  Path from door to your bedroom.

Here are some fun measurement games to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment